“Creating unity within families and communities”
In addition to being a wife and mother, Azelene is a highly passionate, people-centred professional, who has acquired over ten years’ experience delivering community programs and services. Inspired by her own personal traumatic experiences, she is determined to pursue social justice whilst supporting individuals to build their confidence, capabilities, and skillset in achieving desired outcomes from their own fear to freedom.
Azelene is an internationally published author, a registered Holistic Counsellor, and has completed a Bachelor of Social Work at ECU in 2020. She uses her lived experience and theory related to Family and Domestic Violence to educate others. She is a member of the Australian Counselling Association.
She shook the hands of many politicians including Australia’s current Prime Minister Scott Morrison and the former Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
In 2018 she was a guest at the Lodge in Canberra, the primary official residence of the Prime Minister of Australia. She has visited Parliament House in Perth and in Canberra as a guest of Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash, Attorney-General of Australia and Minister for Industrial Relations.
Azelene has been interviewed on Channel 7, Channel 9, Channel 10, SBS and ABC TV and most of the well-known radio stations and newspapers, nationally and internationally as the CEO and Co-founder of Kidzucate.
Media Page: https://azelenewilliams.com/in-the-media/
Azelene has spoken and delivered programs in schools, universities, organisations, corporate companies and events, locally and internationally. She has set up a charity from scratch and organised amazing fundraisers over the years.
Highly regarded both off and online, her friends and followers describe Azelene as inspirational, particularly her expertise at empowering men, women and children all over the world. They say; “Azelene is a kind-hearted, pro-active and honest person, who is creating opportunities for people she advocates for who see no hope”.
The Author of 4 published books, Azelene has received numerous awards and nominations over the years.
Azelene’s passion is to educate teens and adults about:
- Healthy relationships
- How to identify an abusive relationship
- Putting strategies in place to break free
- Provide them with information on appropriate support services
She has proven success in developing strong, trusting relationships with individuals from diverse age groups, organisational levels, cultural heritages, and socio-economic backgrounds by combining exceptional communication, interpersonal and mediation skills with industry-leading therapeutic methodologies. As a social activist, Azelene is determined to make a positive impact on individuals and in communities.
Originally from South Africa, Azelene lived in the Middle East before settling in Perth, Western Australia in 2011 with her husband and daughter.
As a teenager, after experiencing three and a half years of physical and emotional abuse at the hands of her boyfriend (her first romantic relationship), Azelene came out a much stronger person whose life’s ambition as an activist, in the field of domestic and family violence, is to have a positive impact on both today’s and future generations.
Azelene’s message to men, women and children who are touched by domestic and family violence is:
- “Do not ignore the warning signs
- Speak up and never lose hope
- Somewhere out there, there is always someone you can trust, who will listen and who will believe you.
- Be kind to yourself
- Get help and get out!
- There is NO excuse for any form of abuse
- Violence and abuse in an intimate partner or personal relationship are NOT your fault
- The person abusing you is doing it because they chose to do so. It’s not because they were triggered by anything you said or did.
- I know it’s scary to leave and I know it’s dangerous. However, with the right support, you will get through it”.
In her Professional capacity she wears many hats that includes:
- Registered Counselling Private Practice – From Fear to Freedom
- Holistic Counsellor
- Domestic Violence First Responder and Educator
- Youth Mentor and Advocate
- Live Experience Presenter
- WA Child Safety Services – Trainer and Program Developer
- Founding Member
- Teen Talk Relationships Trainer
- Protective Behaviours Trainer
- Teen Mentor
- Patricia Giles Centre for Non-Violence – Child and Teen Counsellor
- Case Management
- Program Developer and Trainer
- Anglicare WA – Community Educator
- School Programs
- Corporate Programs
- Ruah Communities – My Story My Time Advocate
- Domestic and Family Violence Advocate
- My Storie My Time – Media Advocate and Spokesperson
- Kidzucate – Co-Founder and CEO
- Bully Prevention Training
- Program Developer
- Bachelor of Social Work Edith Cowan University, Australia – 2020
- Dip. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Centre of Excellence, Manchester, UK – 2021
- Dip. Community Services Work TAFE, Australia – 2014
- Dip. Holistic Counselling – Sand tray, Clay and Art Therapy Sophia College, Australia – 2012
Professional Development and Training
- Circle of Security Four Day Training – 2021
- Safe & Together™ Model CORE Training – Safe & Together Institute – 2020
- Couple Counselling – Institution: Sophia College – 2020
- NDIS Workers Orientation Module – NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission – 2020
- Cert. COVID-19: Adapting Child Protection Case Management – Institution: University of Strathclyde and Celcis – 2020
- Cert. Kimochis®, Social and emotional tools for practicing emotional self-regulation and positive relationships – Institution: Kimochis® – 2019
- Cert. eSafetyWomen—online training for frontline workers – Institution: eSafety Women Commissioner – 2019
- Cert. Domestic Violence Response Training Institution: LifeLine – 2013 refresher training completed in 2018
- Public Speakers University – Institution: Andy Harrington – 2015
- Cert. Sexual Intelligence Professional Training Institution: Relationships Australia – 2013
- Pre & Post Abortion Professional Training – Institution: Doctors for Life – 2001
Awards Azelene has achieved include:
- 2020 Westfield Local Hero 2020 – Received $10 000 Grant
- Local Heroes for Westfield Whitford City Shopping Centre Finalist 2020
- Nominated for Telstra Business Women’s Awards 2018
- Australian Mumpreneur Award Finalist Making a Difference Non-Profit 2016
- Australian Mumpreneur Awards Finalist Big Ideas Award 2016
- Mrs Galaxy 2015 National Finalist
- Mrs Charity for Make A Wish First Runner Up2015
- Mrs Charity for Wildlife Warriors First Place 2015
- Winner of the Nifnex Influential 100 Business Awards 2015
Published Works by Azelene
- INFERTILITY Road to Hell and Back (ISBN-978-0-646- 57555-1)
- BROKEN Breaking the Silence (ISBN-978-0-646-94545-3)
- Take-A-Stand Healthy Behaviours Development Program Professional Manual (ISBN-978-0-646-96506-2)
- Take-A-Stand Healthy Behaviours Development Program Child Workbook (ISBN-978-0-646-96477-5)