About the Author
In addition to being a wife and mother, Azelene Williams is currently also furthering her studies with a Bachelor of Social Work through ECU.
Azelene is confident, intensely motivated as well as an experienced businesswoman and social activist. As a qualified holistic counsellor, published author, CEO and co-founder of Kidzucate and Voices for Change Ruah Advocate. Azelene pursues her passion for social justice and child and youth advocacy through her fight against domestic violence, bullying, and dyslexia.
Originally from South Africa, Azelene has also lived in the Middle East before settling in Perth, Western Australia in 2011. Her passion for empowering women all over the world was inspired by her own personal traumatic experiences which are documented in two of the four books she has published internationally:
- INFERTILITY Road to Hell and Back (ISBN-978-0-646- 57555-1)
- BROKEN Breaking the Silence (ISBN-978-0-646-94545-3)
- Take-A-Stand Healthy Behaviours Development Program Professional Manual (ISBN-978-0-646-96506-2)
- Take-A-Stand Healthy Behaviours Development Program Child Workbook (ISBN-978-0-646-96477-5)
Azelene experienced three and a half years of physical and emotional abuse as a teenager in her first relationship. She came out a stronger person and now teaches youth and adults about unhealthy relationships, how to identify them and how to safely break free from them. Her life’s ambition as an activist in the field of domestic and family violence and bullying is to have a positive impact both on today’s and future generations.
Azelene has proven successful in developing strong, trusted relationships with individuals from diverse age groups, organisational levels, cultural heritage and socio-economic backgrounds by combining exceptional communication, interpersonal and mediation skills with industry-leading therapeutic methodologies.
Azelene has shared a stage with Sian Williams age 12, who is also her daughter and the Founder of Kidzucate, a Harm Prevention Organisation over the years. Together they inspire people all over the world.
When you combine the determination of a young stutterer who refuses to let bullies get her down with a mother’s fight for justice, the result is a winning pair with a drive to help make the world a better place.
- Bachelor of Social Work Institution: ECU – Currently
- Dip. Community Services Work Institution: TYFE – 2014
- Cert. Sexual Intelligence Professional Training Institution: Relationships Australia – 2013
- Dip. Holistic Counselling and Art Therapy Institution: Sophia College – 2012
- Cert. Domestic Violence Response Training Institution: LifeLine – 2013 refresher training completed in 2018
- Cert. eSafetyWomen—online training for frontline workers – Institution: eSafety Women Commissioner
Professional Development and Training
- Kimochis®, social and emotional tools for practicing emotional self-regulation and positive relationships – 2019
- Public Speakers University Institution Andy Harrington – 2015
- Pre & Post Abortion Professional Training Institution Doctors for Life – 2001
Awards Azelene has achieved include:
- Nominated for Telstra Business Women’s Awards 2018
- Australian Mumpreneur Award Finalist Making a Difference Non-Profit 2016
- Australian Mumpreneur Awards Finalist Big Ideas Award 2016
- Mrs Galaxy 2015 National Finalist
- Mrs Charity for Make A Wish First Runner Up2015
- Mrs Charity for Wildlife Warriors First Place 2015
- Winner of the Nifnex Influential 100 Business Awards 2015
Approaches Theories and Types of Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Clay Therapy
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Person Centred Practice
- Strength Based Practice
- Solution Focused
- Task Centred Practice
- Relationship Coaching
- Strengths Mapping
- Body Mapping
- Problem Solving