Azelene is an engaging presenter. Throughout Azelene’s sessions, she draws on her personal experience as a survivor of intimate partner violence as a teenager.
In her lived experience presentations and workshops, she talks about key concepts, theory and different forms of abuse and connects them to her lived experience.
She explains the cycle of abuse in-depth and presents her speech to the audience with a passion you can feel in the room.
All presentations conclude with an open question time, where the audience has the opportunity, and are encouraged, to ask questions that will assist them to further understand intimate partner violence.
Who is this workshop for:
- Corporate Companies
- Schools Professional Development for Teachers
- Community Organisations Professional Development Workshops
- Parent Community Groups
- Teen Community Groups
Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence Program Content
- Define Family and Domestic Violence (FDV)
- Key Statistics
- Types and Indicators of Abuse
- Consent and Coercion
- Social and Cultural Norms and Stereotypes
- The Effect of Domestic and Family Violence
- The Cycle of Abuse
- Screening for Domestic Abuse
- Recognise – Respond – Record – Report – Refer
- Safety Planning Checklist
- Healthy Boundaries
- Moving Forward
1-Hour Lived Experience Presentation
2-Hour Lived Experience Presentation and basic FDV training 3-Hour Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence Workshop activities and Lived Experience short version
4-Hour Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence Workshop activities and Lived Experience long version