I specialise in tween, teen and young adult mental health. I have been working with young people for over ten years. I understand the unique challenges that young people face and strive to create a safe and supportive environment for them to work on their emotional well-being. I use evidence-based interventions such as cognitive behavioural therapy, mindfulness, and narrative therapy to assist my clients in developing a greater understanding of their emotional needs. My goal is to help young people to build resilience, foster self-awareness, and create healthier coping strategies for their everyday lives.
Teaching her clients skills that would help them with boundaries and saying NO when needed is an important aspect of her work. Azelene has a lot of life experience; this is an aspect of her work where making a positive and powerful connection with her clients is paramount.
Counselling consultations might involve therapeutic conversations, art therapy, walk-and-talk therapy, or other types of experiential activities to help you discover more about your psyche, problematic relationships, past trauma, and personal dilemmas. These sessions generally last 45 minutes and will be most helpful to you if they are scheduled regularly (usually once per week). My approach in each session will likely change over time as your needs change.
She is very passionate and empathetic towards her clients and what they bring to a session.
Azelene is an Animal assisted Therapist & Lived Experience Presenter
She is a Level 2 Member of the Australian Counselling Association
Immediate Benefits of Holistic Counselling:
- Having a compassionate, empathetic listener.
- Being encouraged to pursue healthier choices and a more positive self-image.
- Learn scientifically proven ways to achieve greater well-being and mental health.
- Emotional support during difficult times, such as intimate partner violence, separation, divorce, grieving, recovery, and job loss.
Longer-Term Benefits of Holistic Counselling:
- Strategies to help guide your life in the direction you want it to go.
- Emotional healing after loss, trauma or addiction.
- Gaining deeper insight into who you are, your triggers, and how you can make more positive life choices going forward.
In our first consultation, I will take the time to learn more about you and your reason for seeking counselling and what goals you might have for our time together. I will use this opportunity to collaborate with you regarding what type of therapy might best suit your individual needs, based on your personal history and intent. I will also talk to you about the fees structures I have available. After the first consultation, you will receive a client intake form to complete.
Download the intake form here:
Fee Structure and Payment
I specialise in children & teens. Occasionally will see adults. If the fit is not right, I will refer you to a professional I work with regularly.
2023 Consultation Fees
- First Consultation 60 min – $120
- Follow-up Consultation 50 min – $110
Children, Tweens & Teens
- Parent / Child Interview (First Consultation) 60 min – $120
- Follow-up Consultation 50 min in total – $110
- Health Care Card 50 min – $85
- School visits 50 min – $110 consultation fee, $25 travelling fee, plus .80 per km for fuel.
- Psychoeducation; Vaping, Healthy Relationships, Consent, Domestic Violence 60 min to 90 min – $195 to $250
- 10 Week x 50 min Zoom vaping addiction support sessions – $1100 (Child needs to be committed to quitting vaping and willing to participate in all ten sessions and complete home activity sheets)
Parent & Child Family session
- Parent-Child First Consultation 90 min – $250
- Parent-Child Follow-up Consultation 60 min – $195
There is a 15% discount on Zoom sessions for Adults and Teens.
A fee sliding scale is available.
Ask about bundle sessions and pensioner discounts.
Paw Prints with Zayda
Discover the incredible bond between Zayda, the Vizsla therapy dog, and her devoted owner, esteemed animal-assisted therapist Azelene Williams, as they embark on a transformative journey, visiting schools to spread joy and healing. Zayda and Azelene are a dynamic duo, who make a difference in the lives of countless individuals. Their heartwarming school visits include captivating story time sessions that ignite imaginations and foster a love for reading. Through Zayda’s comforting presence, children feel a sense of calm and security, which creates a nurturing environment for growth and learning. Customized talks led by Azelene and accompanied by Zayda provide a unique opportunity for students to explore the remarkable world of therapy dogs. With their combined expertise, Azelene and Zayda illuminate the transformative power of animal-assisted therapy and shed light on the countless benefits it brings to mental health and overall well-being. Zayda’s soft fur and gentle spirit create an instant connection that allows children to open up and express themselves freely. As Azelene guides these interactions, students develop vital emotional and social skills and build self-confidence and empathy along the way. Don’t miss the chance to experience the magic of Zayda and Azelene. Invite them to your organisation or school and witness the positive impact they can make on your community. Together, they’ll inspire a love for literature, foster emotional growth, and create lasting memories. Contact us today to arrange a visit from Zayda and Azelene and embark on an unforgettable journey of healing, growth, and joy.