Azelene’s niche is mood disorders, such as anxiety, depression, being present and stress reduction through mindfulness. As a survivor of intimate partner violence, her passion is to work with women of all ages. Azelene specialises in tweens and teens aged 12 and 18 and young adults.
Teaching her clients skills that would help them with boundaries and saying NO when needed is an important aspect of her work. Azelene has a lot of life experience and this is an aspect of her work where making a positive and powerful connection with her clients is paramount.
She is very passionate and empathetic towards her clients and what they bring to a session.
Azelene is a Level 2 Member of the Australian Counselling Association
Immediate Benefits of Holistic Counselling:
- Having a compassionate, empathetic listener.
- Being encouraged to pursue healthier choices and a more positive self-image.
- Learn scientifically proven ways to achieve greater well-being and mental health.
- Emotional support during difficult times, such as intimate partner violence, separation, divorce, grieving, recovery, and job loss.
Longer-Term Benefits of Holistic Counselling:
- Strategies to help guide your life in the direction you want it to go.
- Emotional healing after loss, trauma or addiction.
- Gaining deeper insight into who you are, your triggers, and how you can make more positive life choices going forward.
In our first consultation, I will take the time to learn more about you and your reason for seeking counselling and what goals you might have for our time together. I will use this opportunity to collaborate with you regarding what type of therapy might best suit your individual needs, based on your personal history and intent. I will also talk to you about the fees structures I have available. After the first consultation, you will receive a client intake form to complete.
Download the intake form here:
Counselling consultations might involve therapeutic conversations, art therapy, walk-and-talk therapy, or other types of experiential activities to help you discover more about your psyche, problematic relationships, past trauma, and personal dilemmas. These sessions generally last 45 minutes and will be most helpful to you if they are scheduled regularly (usually once per week). My approach in each session will likely change over time, as your needs change.
Fee Structure and Payment
I specialise in children & teens. Occasionally will see adults. If the fit is not right I will refer you to a professional I work with regularly.
2023 Consultation Fees
- First Consultation 60 min – $135
- Follow-up Consultation 45 min – $110
Children, Tweens & Teens
- Parent Interview 45 to 60 min – $120
- First Consultation 60 min in total – $110
- Follow-up Consultation 45 min – $85
- School visits 60 min – $85 consultation fee, $25 travelling fee, plus .80 per km for fuel.
- Psychoeducation; Vaping, Healthy Relationships, Consent, Domestic Violence 90 min to 120 min – $195 to $250
- 10 Week x 60 min zoom vaping addiction support sessions – $1100 (Child needs to be committed to quit vaping and willing to participate in all 10 sessions and complete home activity sheets)
Parent & Child Family session
- Parent-Child First Consultation 90 min – $250
- Parent-Child Follow-up Consultation 60 min – $195
There is a 25% discount on Zoom sessions for Adults and Teens.
Fees sliding scale is available for ongoing sessions.
Ask about bundle sessions and pensioner discounts.