Immediate Benefits of Holistic Counselling:
- Having a compassionate, empathetic listener.
- Being encouraged to pursue healthier choices and a more positive self-image.
- Learn scientifically proven ways to achieve greater wellbeing and mental health.
- Emotional support during difficult times, such as intimate partner violence, separation, divorce, grieving, recovery, and job loss.
Longer Term Benefits of Holistic Counselling:
- Strategies to help guide your life in the direction you want it to go.
- Emotional healing after loss, trauma or addiction.
- Gaining deeper insight into who you are, your triggers, and how you can make more positive life choices going forward.
When life’s difficulties become overwhelming, counselling is a therapeutic process that can offer support and a pathway toward reaching one’s goals in mental health. I offer both short-term and long-term counselling, based on a client’s needs. Counselling options are a collaborative decision, and I work with my clients to help them find the inner strength they need to change their lives for the better. The counselling sessions are about you and what you want to discuss or want to disclose. My consultation space is a non-judgemental space where I offer proven, holistic ways to support you:
Services include but are not limited to the following:
- CBT – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Anger Management
- Grief and Loss
- Goal Setting
- Parent & Teen Relationships
- Psychoeducation; Vaping, Healthy Relationships, Coercion & Consent, Domestic Violence, Protective Behaviours and Cyber Safety
- Helping Young People Become More Resilient, Capable and Connected
- Animal Assisted Therapy with Zayda the Vizsla Therapy Dog
- Talk Counselling Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Holistic Counselling
- Art Therapy
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Clay Therapy
- Walk and Talk Counselling
- Trauma Informed Yoga
- Group Therapy
Psychotherapy can be achieved through diverse methods and treatments, and as an integrative therapist, I know that the best techniques or combination of techniques to achieve results are as individual as the person seeking counselling. Beyond the therapies listed above, I am also trained in:
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy: This is a form of in-depth psychology, focusing on bringing unconscious revelations to light in order to heal psychic traumas and issues.
- Existential Therapy: This form of therapy seeks to help the client find his or her life purpose in order to live more authentically.
- Narrative Therapy: Our stories make us who we are, and this type of therapy uses those stories and personal experiences to empower clients and help them find meaning in that narrative.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy: This type of therapy focuses on clients’ relationships, along with issues of attachment and bonding. Relationship patterns and methods of communication are explored to facilitate a more positive and healthy connection.
- Solution Focused Therapy: Everyone has individual strengths. Using these unique strengths to achieve the life you want is the goal of Solution Focused Therapy.
- Walk & Talk Therapy: The outdoors can be a healing environment while light exercise has been scientifically proven to relieve stress. This type of therapy takes advantage of both of those factors, invigorating the mind and body.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT): This type of therapy focuses on changing the behaviours and mindsets that could be causing difficulty in your life, including cognitive distortions, inability to cope with stressors, lack of emotional regulation, and problems communicating your needs to others. It is effective in resolving a range of issues, including PTSD, sleep disorders, addictions, anxiety and depression, among others.
- Motivational Interviewing: Motivational Interviewing is a non-confrontational form of therapy that helps you explore the changes you want to make in your life through empathetic listening.
- Family Systems Therapy: Many psychological problems have their root in family systems and one’s upbringing. Family Systems Therapy focuses on helping individuals acknowledge and face these foundational relationships in order to better understand their own psyche, and cope with psychological distress.
- Group Therapy: Often, knowing you are not alone and that others face the same issues you do can be an immediate relief. For this reason, Group Therapy is a highly effective and affordable form of counselling that takes place in the context of a group session.
- Person Centred Therapy: This form of therapy centres on the individual rather than the problem. It assists the client to achieve greater independence through recognising their own strengths in the face of adversity.
My Counselling Room
What is Holistic Counselling:
Holistic Counselling is counselling for the body, mind and spirit. Working with the Holistic Counselling model assists to integrate all those parts of ourselves that are so often fragmented as a result of our life experiences, working towards our wholeness once again.
Cellular memory is a way to describe the way the body holds on to trauma. This ability would also imply that cells have an intelligence, and can and do communicate between themselves and with us as human consciousness.
E-motional pain is in fact a manifestation of stagnation of energy trapped by a traumatic memory. This trapping of energy, (in our subtle energy bodies) becomes what we term an imprint. When imprints are not released via emotion, they push their way into our physical bodies for release, causing physical illness and pain.
When the E-Motional pain is too much to handle at the time of the trauma, we avoid and/or repress it in an attempt to preserve our system. This pain is then released when we are spiritually and emotionally ready to face it and cope with it.
If we never choose to face it, the imbalance from the emotional repression will move to our cells in the body where it is stored away in what is commonly known as ‘cellular memory imprints’. These imprints stop the flow of life force within the physical body and will eventually, if left unchecked, lead to physical illness and dis-ease.
THE CYCLE IS AS FOLLOWS: TRAUMA—EMOTIONAL IMPLANT– CELLULAR MEMORY IMPRINT— PHYSICAL DIS-EASE
The Four-Fold Model:
In this model, our processes are based on the fact our body, mind and spirit are all interconnected and therefore any experience we have, exerts an influence on each of these parts of us simultaneously. As we go through life, our experiences, good or bad, leave, an energetic/vibrational imprint in the cells of our body (as mentioned above). Once we have an imprint (and we all have many), we are open to being triggered by new experiences which carry a similar vibration. We feel these triggers such as anger, frustration, judgement, grief in our body and it is through these feelings that we, as Holistic Counsellors, mentor the client along the path of accessing these imprints with the intention of clearing the original trauma. It is through the use of art therapy, sound therapy, visualisation and movement that we assist the client, to release and surrender these imprints so we may expand the harmonising energies of what we desire in our lives.
Our physical state is in the flesh, it is the most dense in energy of the four body types. Our physical body can be touched and observed with the human eye.
The etheric body mirrors the physical body but is a more subtle energy. The etheric is responsible for maintaining our life force whilst in the physical. It is most felt when we are tired and feeling really low, lacklustre and vitality or when we are experiencing the opposite, energised and ‘bouncing out of our skin’ we can feel the vibrancy of this life force. Physical and emotional stress drain this body. Sleep, exercise, meditation, listening to good music are some ways to build and maintain the energy of this body. The physical body relies on the etheric to source its energy.
The astral body is a finer vibration to the etheric and physical body but also mirrors these two lower energy systems, moving in and out depending on our experiences and our reactions to them on a day to day basis. Our astral body can be likened to a suitcase, a place where all the energetic imprints of our life’s experiences are stored but not processed.
The ‘I Am’:
The ‘I Am’ is the part of us that one can term the soul or spirit. It is that part of us which is unique and individual. It allows us to feel we are present in the moment and centred in our bodies. The ‘I’ gives us that inner strength, determination, courage, love, joy, insight and other qualities.
The Importance of the Breath:
Breath is the source of our life force. We have all experienced trauma in our lives and have felt how difficult it is to breathe deeply when we are in the midst of it. Imprints are deposited on the astral and at the same time the breath is contracted in that area. The area becomes devoid of breath and where there is no breath there is no ‘I Am’ or higher self. Lack of breath and ‘I Am’ therefore causes disease in all three lower body types, the astral, the etheric and the physical body. Our aim therefore in Holistic Counselling is to bring back that higher self and expand the trauma area with life force once again.
Tools Used In Body Based Therapy:
We use a range of non-verbal mediums by which to access the consciousness. In our sessions we ask you to sense in the body and visualise, we use gestures to trigger old memories, art (watercolour and pastels), clay, sand play and sound to powerfully access, uncover and heal wounds.
Meet Zayda the Vizsla she is available as part of your counselling and therapy sessions: